August 24th, 2011 Comments off
- Create, edit or change a group policy object for your clients
- Navigate to “User Configuration”, “Administrative Templates”, “Windows Components”, “Remote Desktop Services”, “RD Gateway” and select the “Set RD Gateway server authentication method” setting:
- Select the “Enabled” radio button.
- Under “Set RD Gateway server authentication method”, click on the combo-box and select “Use locally logged-on credentials”.
- If you want the users to be able to override this authentication method then select “Allow users to change this setting” checkbox.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on the “OK” button until you return back to the main Group Policy Object Editor dialog.
- Apply the policy and make sure it has been enforced on the client by running “gpupdate” to force the policy to be refreshed immediately on the local machine.
- Start up the RD client and navigate to “Options”, “Advanced”, click on “Settings” under “connect from anywhere”. You should see the status text indicate the following: “Your Windows logon credentials will be used to connect to this RD Gateway server”.
- The client will now be able to connect to the gateway server using locally logged on credentials